I find being dealt POCKET ACES is a limited potential gain and a high risk potential loss. In life and in poker, I would would rather be dealt Any two cards against an opponent with ACES.
SIMPLY PUT- (A-A) LOGICALLY is % favorite (PRE-FLOP) ——–BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOOK AT IT AS THERE ONLY BEING 2 CARDS LEFT IN THE DECK TO IMPROVE = ACE OR ACE
***(I MIGHT BE OFF ON MY MATH HERE )
Odds of Hitting on the Flop:
• Hitting another kind of your pocket pair on the flop: 7.5 to 1 (11.8%)
• You will pair at least one of your unpaired hole cards on the flop: 2.1 to 1 (32.4%)
• You will hit two pair on the flop with unpaired hole cards: 49 to 1 (2%)
• Hitting two or more of your suit on the flop when you hold suited cards: 7.5 to 1 (11.8%)
• Hitting a flush on the flop with suited hole cards: 118 to 1 (0.8%)
SO HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING (ONE OF MANY EXAMPLES)
10-SPADE 8-SPADE ——– VS ——— ACE-DIAMOND ACE- HEART
FLOP: —- 6SPADE—-10HEART—-7SPADE—-
SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING? !!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
CLEARLY THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF SCENARIOS REFERRING TO THIS…….. BUT IT IS NOT THE POKER MATH OR STRATEGY I’M TRYING TO SHOW OR EXPLAIN—–
———-IM SAYING THAT SOMEONE DEALT THE BEST STARTING HAND IS AT A DISADVANTAGE FROM MY OPINION/EXPERIENCE…… BOTH IN POKER AND IN LIFE, THE PERSON FEELS TO CONFIDENT AND I BLINDED BY WHAT IS “CONSIDERED A POWERFUL UNBEATABLE HAND” THAT THIER PRIDE AND STUBBORNNESS/DEFIANCE TO FOLD THEM ACES WHEN THEY SHOULD BE, IS THEM UNABLE TO CONCEDE TO THE FACT THEIR INITIAL HIGHER POSITION HAS LOST ITS POWER, AND EDGE.